NEW BOOK PROJECT IN PROGRESS –
Contextual Theology and Liberation in a Superdiverse Century
A number of my articles, conferences papers and guest lectures are available in PDF form on my Academia.edu page – https://coventry.academia.edu/ChrisShannahan
- A Theology of Community Organizing: Power to the People (Routledge, 2014).
- Voices from the Borderland: Re-imagining Cross-Cultural Urban Theology in the 21st Century, (Equinox, 2010).
Articles and Papers
- ‘President Trump and the Christian Right’ (Open Democracy, 2016)
- ‘We Must Stop Living as Strangers After The EU Referendum’ (The Conversation, 2016)
- ‘Faith-based Interventions in Violence, Peace and Conflict’ (Report for the Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities, 2016)
- ‘The Chapel in the ‘Jungle’ And Our Shared Humanity’ (Coventry University Research Blog, 2015)
- ‘A Spoke in the Wheel of Injustice – Faith and Well-being in the Superdiverse City‘ (Public Spirit, May 2014)
- ‘The Canaanite Woman and Urban Liberation Theology’ (The Expository Times, October 2013).
- ‘Blurring the BOundaries – Slocial Exclusion and Spirituality on an Urban Housing Estate’, Crucible (April 2013)
- God on the Margins – A Prayer for Advent ( web based resource – November 2012, British Methodist Church)
- N.E.E.T Believers? An analysis of ‘belief’ on an urban housing estate’, Culture and Religion, (12.3, August 2012, pp315-335).
- Ideas Lab podcast – Social Exclusion and Urban Youth Spirituality, University of Birmingham, March 2012
- ‘Birmingham Brief’ ‘ Troubled Families or Broke in Britain?’, commentary piece on UK government ‘Troubled Families’ programme (June 2012)
- ‘Negotiating Faith on the Coventry Road: British-Muslim Youth Identities in the ‘Third Space’, Culture and Religion, (12.3, August 2011, pp237-257).
- ‘Faith & Urban Life’ (November 2010) – Interviewed by Mohammed ‘aerosol’ Ali on the Soul City Radio Show, Unity FM , Birmingham [podcast available]
- ‘Families and Neighborliness: A Postcard from the Community’ paper for the ‘Faiths for the City: Making a Difference’ conference, November 2009, University of Birmingham.
- ‘To Serve the Present Age: plotting new directions for inner-city work’, (2008) A Consultation Report written for the Birmingham (Sutton Park) Circuit of the Methodist Church.
- ‘Babel or Pentecost? Faith, Difference and Freedom in the Twenty-First Century. The Challenge for Public Theology’ International Journal of Public Theology, (Volume 1.3, November 2007, pp364-381).
- ‘Methodism as Liberative Praxis’ in Methodism and the Future (London: Cassell, 1999).